Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sleeveless Blouse + Leather Mini

New York and Company Button Front Cropped shirt (on sale, 40% off)
Forever 21 leather mini skirt
Francesca's Chain Necklace, similar here and here
Shoemint Casandra booties
Clutch was free with a fragrance, similar here
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Morocco



































































I love a classic white button-up. Especially when one manages to be as interesting as this one.  Its boxy, cropped and has large front pockets. Its slightly reminiscent of the 70's, yet managers to be impossibly simple. Its crisp lines and shape make it a good staple for my closet and for the climate here. Every wardrobe can benefit from a button-up, no matter the style aesthetic, no matter the decade. This particular button-up inspired me to think about how a piece like this can be so versatile.


This button-up lets me wear some of my more risque items without overdoing sex appeal. The boxy shape balances out this black leather mini skirt. Leather skirts feel out of place during the Summer, but now that it is September, I think I have an excuse to wear it. As you can see, this is still a relatively "cool" outfit, however the boots make it feel less Summery. I like these booties because the open back creates more versatility with outfits, and I don't have to wear socks with them. Obviously, this is more for a night of going out, but you could easily swap the clutch for your handbag and boots for flats and make it more daytime.

Thanks for reading!

Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment